Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Recent Happenings

It has been a while since I have updated the blog. I am going through some information overload - between the blog, Facebook, and Twitter sometimes you just wonder how much people really need to know. Is it necessary to know every time I step out for a restroom break?

However, for posterity's sake, I will update the blog. Hey, it is the closest thing I have to a journal. Here are some of the recent happenings.

15th Anniversary

Kristin and I celebrated our 15th anniversary. It has been 15 years since I married the love of my life, and every day I fall more in love with her. Thanks for everything Babe!

We celebrated by flying Kristin's mother to Kentucky to watch Rachael. We went to the Bahamas for five days. It was great! Nothing but sitting on the beach. I could really get used to that - anyone have a house they want to sell on the islands? I did get a slight red tan. Did you know you can get Aloe lotion with Lidocaine? Great stuff, great stuff.

Fishing

Yes, I have been fly fishing. Not as much as last year due to the rain. The rivers have been blown out much of the time this summer. The three of us have made it over to the lake for Bluegill quite a bit. So far only one Smallmouth Bass trip though. I hope I can get a couple more in this season.

Excuse me while I take a restroom break. I will update Facebook and Twitter when I return.

I did manage to hook a duck the other night. I cast the small (size 16) dry fly out behind the duck. He turned and grabbed the fly. I did not fight him too hard before letting him break off. Of course, had there not been so many folks at the lake, I may have tried to get him airborne. It would have made a much better story.

Church

They put me in one of those leadership positions I had hoped to never have. I hope someone knows what they are doing. Previously, when there was talk of putting me in these positions, I moved the family from Colorado to Kentucky. I am not sure where to move them to now. Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi maybe?

Burgers

Anyone that knows me probably knows that I am a fan of burgers. If you doubt me, look at my gut. The burger that tops them all is In-N-Out. Hey, after spending two years in Southern California, I am a big fan. Well, I do not think we are going to get an In-N-Out any time soon in Kentucky. However, they did recently open a 5 Guys Burgers. It is not quite In-N-Out, but it is pretty close. The closest thing to it I can get in this part of the country.

That is it for now. I will try leave a little less time between my blog entries. And more time between breaks.

3 comments:

Lorie said...

I say move to CA. You'll get out of your leadership position, be closer to beaches, have a fly-fishing partner, & be able to eat In-N-Out!!

Kev2380 said...

My Wife and I really miss In and Out, we go there everytime we fly back to SD that and the small taco shops, like Alberto's. Congrats on 15years!

Kristin said...

I am totally on board with the Move to California plan. Lorie has all good reasons.

Now we just need a job there!