Saturday, August 29, 2009

Idaho Vacation

We spent a few days visiting my parents in Idaho. It was a great trip - some eating, some fishing, some driving, and a whole lot of relaxing.

We flew into Salt Lake City, where my parents picked us up. They drove us up to their place outside of Idaho Falls. It did not take long before Rachael was having fun with Grandma and Grandpa. She had talked about riding the 4-wheelers with Grandma for several weeks. They did ride the 4-wheelers, but I think she liked the RTV best.


Grandpa took us to the South Fork of the Snake River to do some fishing. Grandpa tried to buy some worms for Rachael to use, but she informed him: Grandpa, I only fish with Flies! That is my girl. We took the Jet Boat out and anchored near the dam.


Rachael grabbed her pole and started fishing. She was disappointed when she did not catch a fish on the first cast - the Bluegill in Kentucky are spoiling her. It was not long before grandpa had a fish on though, and Rachael reeled it in. We did not tell her there was a worm on the hook.


Afterward Grandpa took us for a short ride in the jet boat. We then dropped the jet boat off and put the drift boat in. Me and Dad spent the afternoon fishing the South Fork. We saw a lot of fish coming up and hitting the fly. I did get this nice cutthroat to the boat.


The next days were spent playing and fishing. Dad, Uncle Roger, and I floated Box Canyon in the drift boat. We caught a lot of fish, all Rainbows. Nothing too big, but the number more than made up for that. I do not have any pictures from that day. It was a beautiful float, one I definitely will put on the list for next time.

Sunday was raining so after church we spent the day at the house. My sister Lorie and her boys were also there so we just relaxed while the cousins played.


All in all a nice, relaxing get away for me. Kristin has some more details and photos on the family blog.

1 comment:

Kev2380 said...

Pretty cutt, thank you for the comments on my blog. That was by far the biggest brim type fish I have caught ever. The crazy part is it didn't fight hardly at all until I tried to tough it.