Monday, August 17, 2009

Ad Annoyance

Whether on TV, radio, or in print, everyone has those ads that annoy them. For example, ads that use an alarm clock. What advertising agency in their right mind wants to associate a product with a sound that is almost universally despised? And do you really want to buy a product from a company smart enough to hire this ad firm?

To this day I will have nothing to do with Snuggle brand fabric softener. That bear they used on the ads, with its' little giggle, perturbed me one too many times. You know the ads I am referring to. But the ads did make an impression.

This morning as I was driving in I heard a promotion on the radio for a motorcycle. The announcer told me that the feeling I would get when riding this particular bike could not be explained in words. The announcer then went on to explain, in words, that feeling.

No, I will not be going to the dealership to ride the bike. Unless they will let me take an alarm clock and the Snuggle bear to run over...

No comments: