Friday, April 24, 2009

No Photo April Fishing

I have made it out fishing a couple times this month, but have not got around to posting anything. And I do not have any photos. I would like to say it is because the fish I have been catching are so massive that it is a physical impossibility to manage both the fish and the camera at the same time. I would like to say that. But the reality is that I have either been skunked, caught small fish that managed to break free before I could take a photo, or I have forgotten the camera at home. As it is close to the end of the month I am getting a little concerned about the Fish-a-Month challenge. I need to get a picture soon!

Last week Kristin, Rachael, and I went over to the lake to fish from the shore. Both Kristin and Rachael out-fished me, catching several Bluegill. The last fish of the evening was taken by Rachael all by herself. It is wonderful to see your 4 year old daughter shouting It's bumpy as she excitedly reels in her fish. She is getting the catching figured out. We are still working on the releasing. Often in an attempt to put the fish back in the water it ends up on the ground at her feet. It is a good thing Bluegill are so resilient.

Yesterday we went over to the lake again. This time the fish cooperated a little better. I caught several Bluegill and a couple Crappie on a small beaded nymph I quickly tied up. Kristin caught the largest fish of the evening, and all of us had a good time. The camera sat at home.

I still have a few more days in the month. Next week I hope to get out on a float trip for some Brown Trout. Hopefully I will have some pictures to post soon.

No comments: