Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Thought That Only Happened In Cartoons...

As with many of the blogs I follow, I recently have not been able to come up with topics to discuss. I have not been fishing in a while, and vacations are still months out. But occasionally a topic smacks you in the head. Your first thought is that is going on the blog. Your next thought is I wish I had a camera.

Today is a cold, snowy, wet day in Kentucky. On my way into work this morning I stopped to fuel up the truck. While filling the tank I sat inside the warm vehicle, observing the events around me. One particular occurrence caught my attention.

A gentleman was getting out of his car. In his hand was a large cup. He was obviously taking it inside the convenience store to refill. As he stood up, one hand holding the cup, the other on the car door, the cup fell from his grasp onto the asphalt below. It rolled a short distance and stopped. The gentleman bent down to pick it up. In the instant he bent down his pants came loose, dropping to his ankles. He quickly stood up, his legs bared in the cold. All of a sudden, a realization. He had not picked up the cup. So back down he goes, this time retrieving the mug. Standing back up (again), his pants still sat around his ankles. Noticing other folks looking on, he did a quick jig and then pulled up his pants and went inside.

As I drove off the cashier inside the convenience store was wiping away tears of laughter...

1 comment:

Lorie said...

You should keep a camara with you at all times, just in case something like this happens! Funny!!