Saturday, September 20, 2008

More Smallmouth Fishing

I made it out this morning for some more Smallmouth Bass fishing. I met up with a gentleman from Georgia. We geared up and out we went. We each caught around 10 fish. Mostly Rock Bass with some Longear Sunfish and Smallmouth Bass thrown in.

A Longear Sunfish. The coloring on these fish in this particular water is incredible.


Here is a Rock Bass. Sometimes referred to as a Redeye or Goggle Eye. (Depending on what part of the country, Redeye and Goggle Eye can refer to completely different fish)

And the last Smallmouth of the day. It looks like its' tail had been broken at some point. I've never seen one with a tail quite like that.

Good weather, good company, and good fishing. All in all a great trip.

2 comments:

Kev2380 said...

Sounds like you one day was better than my 3 days on the new. No one was really catching much. I only manage 3 smallies the whole trip. The biggest was maybe 10inches. I'm going to post a report on it today.

Amy said...

Glad to hear the PowerBait worked well for you!