Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tiger Hill

Today was a rare day. I had a day off. Usually I am working long days and through the weekends on these trips. But today I had a chance to go see some sights. We decided to go to Tiger Hill. The impressive sight at Tiger Hill is the Yunyan Pagoda. It is a seven story tall Pagoda that leans. It is taller and older than the Leaning Tower of Pisa. The tower stands above the tomb of He Lu, King of State Wu. It is over 2500 years old, and is the number one tourist site in Suzhou.

Here are some photos from the day.

These guys were waiting at the entrance. They offered to take us, but the way those handles bend I’m not confident they would hold up.


This is the Sword Testing Rock.



This is Cici, Me, Mili, and Phil inside the garden.



Don't worry, I did not stride. I may have paced...



A picture of the leaning pagoda.


Here is a close-up of the leaning pagoda at its' base.


This photo shows how much lean the pagoda has. The structure in the foreground is vertical for comparison.




Be careful if it is raining.


Here are some carvings on Bamboo. I think it says Ryan + Kristin.


And I thought Bamboo was invasive scenery.



This is a tea garden.


And never forget, no whiffing in the pond.


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Great pictures! Makes me want to fly to Suzhou just to see it! OK maybe not.

Is no whiffing like no whizzing on the electric fence?

Lorie said...

But I've always wanted to wiff in the pond!

Chris said...

I like the new design (don't see it much with RSS). Hilarious pictures. Guess they haven't ripped off our grammar yet.