Friday, August 29, 2008

The Old and the New

I have been in China for a few days now. Having finished up in one factory, today I moved to a hotel closer to the second factory. I have been in this hotel before, and it has rather interesting architecture.

Suzhou is constantly under construction. There are factories and other buildings constantly going up. And there is always roadwork to keep up with the construction. The hotel I am at now sits right in a busy area of town. And it is a fairly new hotel. But they have tried to maintain some history in the design. From the outside it is supposed to resemble the Great Wall. In fact, when you turn into the hotel from the narrow, busy street you drive up a very steep and narrow ramp to the third floor where the lobby awaits.

This is the view from my hotel room. You can see the greenery and architecture of the hotel, with the modern city of Suzhou in the background. It is quite the contrast between old and new.

Here are some photos from the previous hotel showing the new and growing Suzhou.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'm glad you took some pictures! I know you think blogging about the hotel is boring but it's nice to see the area where you are. Plus it's all so different from here. they grow buildings like we have trees.

have fun!