Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Humble Administrator's Garden

After Tiger Hill we visited the Humble Administrator’s Garden. The literature states it is one of the four most famous gardens in China. That same literature does not tell me what the other three famous gardens are.

The garden was impressive. The structures were amazing, and the grounds were beautiful. It was a nice place to spend some time.

This is just inside the garden.



There were amazing ponds with huge Lotus flowers. Mili told us that most these gardens either have a pagoda in them, or someplace in the garden where a pagoda is visible. The pagoda in the photo below is actually in another garden.




Of course, this is what I kept seeing in the ponds.


These windows were wondrous. If you looked through the blue glass it appeared as if snow was covering the garden.


This vase sits in the Bonsai garden. The vase is taller than I am.



And proof that I was really there.

2 comments:

Kev2380 said...

China looks like an amazing place. I hope I can visit there one day.

Kev2380 said...

Thank you for the kind words about our new bundle of joy. I'm really excited, I hope she'll like fishing or at least tolerating fishing. =)