Friday, June 20, 2008

Meanwhile, back at the farm...

It's that time of the week again, where Rachael and I commandeer Ryan's blog to update about the garden. Rachael helped take pictures (although none posted are hers). She's a good helper.



The garden from the deck

The beans - much fuller than last week

The, um... OK I still can't remember. Something viney.

Tomatoes and peppers. I need to weed this box a little! But there are two or three small tomatoes starting. Hooray!

Corn - look how tall it is!


Potatoes... and this is with another bag of compost on them!


Cantaloupe

Broccoli. I know it looks bad still, but I dusted it last week and truthfully I don't think it's gotten any worse since then. There are even a few new leaves with no damage.


Lettuce and oninons. It is my sad duty to report that the leaf lettuce is already starting to bolt - probably all that hot hot weather we had last week. (90+ degrees almost every day!)

Pumpkins are outgrowing their box already!

Butterfly bush

And a random butterfly! (He was on the bush, but this picture is actually of him on the grass.)

No comments: