Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fishing Fever

My wonderful wife has been gracious enough to allow me out fishing a few times in the last couple weeks. Since we do not have much in the way of Trout fishing in this area I have had to modify my techniques to suite the warmwater species nearby. The last couple outings have been for Bluegill, Crappie, and Large Mouth Bass.

Here are a few photos from these outings - they have been rather successful.

Some Bluegill - these are small fish, but they put up a decent fight. And they have a diverse range of colors. I need to get out this year with light tackle just for these creatures.


Crappie. These are fighters. They put up an amazing fight for their size, and I have actually been on the reel for one of these.


And of course, Large Mouth Bass. These are a lot of fun on a fly, especially if you can get them on the surface!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You forgot to mention that crappie taste good, too.