Monday, March 3, 2008

Diverse Hallucinations

Yes – hallucinations. At one point I asked someone what day it was. They said it was Wednesday, and that I had already asked twice. What a trip it was. But from a crisis the team, both in China and USA, pulled through and accomplished the goal on time.

Whilst much of the trip is a blur, there were some fun times. Making the coworker who had never been to Asia sit in the front seat of the cab. Dinner with friends. Meeting new faces and working with new people. And attempting to sleep on the plane while flying home. I don’t think I have ever looked forward to a 14 hour flight this much.

The food was an adventure of a different sort. We ate very little Asian cuisine, a new experience for me. The team preferred western food, although a few did try the chicken flavored potato chips. It is fascinating how a restaurant in China can be so similar to that same restaurant in the US, yet different. And it was an adventure locating all those locations where the team was willing to eat.


Of course there was the obligatory celebration dinner when all was through. That is always an adventure. And the travel back into Shanghai the day before I left to be closer to the airport.

I was able to take time to see some museums in Shanghai. It is awe inspiring to see items that came into existence so many years ago. The intricate designs created so long ago are fascinating to view.

It is good to experience, but it is also good to be home. I am looking forward to a much longer span between this trip and my next trip to China.

And I am ready for a vacation…


No comments: