Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine

It is Valentines day. I am not the mushy sort. But in the immortal words of Depeche Mode - Though things like this make me sick, in a case like this I'll get away with it...

This is my wife Kristin. This is my blog, so I can write about her. She is the greatest woman and wife a guy could have, and I love her very much.


We met in college. At the end of the year prior to Kristin coming to the Colorado School of Mines our institute director told us that a new (female) student had transferred from Ricks College and would start the next semester. I will never forget the powerful thought, nay, prompting that came over me at that time:

Oh crap, I'm going to end up marrying her!

Kristin started the next fall. Since I was not ready to be married, I avoided her. I had big plans - I was going to fish every stream in America. Of course, once I got to know her I realized she was way out of my league. I did not have to worry any more. I let my guard down.

We went to a group activity together on Valentines Day in 1994. We went on our first date 4 days later. From that point on I spent as much time as I could with her. I went fishing over Spring Break and thought as much about Kristin as the fish. A month later we were engaged, and we were married for time and all eternity July 29, 1994.

I am so glad that we are together. We will have been married 14 years this July and I am more in love with her than I ever have been. She is a wonderful wife and an excellent mother. I look forward to many more years.

I love you Kristin.

And I appreciate your tolerance for my fishing, your willingness to travel so that I can fish every stream...

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I hope you live until you are 150... that's about how long it's going to take to finish your list.

love you too!
Krissy

Chris said...

We dated about as long as you guys. Good thing she won out over the fish.