Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Arrival in China

I made it to China in one piece. Total travel time was a mere 31 hours (from the time I left home to arrival at the hotel).

We should have been here sooner, but there was a dense fog over Shanghai that allowed us the opportunity to remain seated in the plan (with our seatbelt fastened) and fly in circles for about 3 hours. This might not have been so bad had it not been the third (and final) leg of the trip, with the second being a 15 hour flight from Atlanta to Seoul, Korea.

I do have to admit, when we did finally land the fog was impressive. I'm not sure if we landed because we could, or because we were almost out of fuel for circling. Nevertheless, I have attached a few photos.

Shanghai Airport from the Plane:


Everyone mentions the impressive bridges over the river. Here is a picture from the cab:


A picture of the massive skyscrapers in Shanghai from the cab. (Notice the artistic, panoramic perspective):


And finally, a picture of the Hotel after we arrived:


I'll add more later.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! I'll bet you're sorry you didn't pack your big Canon camera to capture those images. ;D

Chris said...

You totally had me laughing on this one. Too bad I don't possible have enough time to read the gushings from your noggin daily.